When the skin of the jawline slacks the cheeks can start to hang and deep wrinkles from the nose to the mouth can appear. With an en-bloc facelift we tighten and lift the skin of the jawline under local anaesthetics.
The first step is always an intake with our plastic surgeon. During this consultation you will receive honest advice about the realistically achievable results. The exact method, your wishes and the possibilities are discussed.
The plastic surgeon conducting the treatment will also lead the consultation. During the intake it is very important to take your wishes into account, but also the realistic possibilities to fulfill these wishes. If your face is not suited for an en-bloc facelift, or if we can achieve more and better results if we wait some time this will always be advised. Our plastic surgeons only start a treatment when they believe they can achieve good results.
For an intake with our plastic surgeon we charge € 75,-.
We only perform an en-bloc facelift if we can achieve good results.
In case you decide to undergo an en-bloc facelift the following practical matters apply:
- Make sure you are wearing comfortable clothing as you will have to lie down for a while. Clothing that has to be taken off too tight over the head is also discouraged.
- Please take into account that you cannot drive or bicycle home yourself.
An en-bloc facelift takes place under local anaesthetics instead of under general anaesthetics.
Before the treatment starts the area is firstly anesthetized with a few injections. The treatment itself is therefore as good as painless. In case you prefer you will also receive a pill to calm down.
The treatment lasts for about 2,5 hours. With a cut in front and behind the ear the excessive skin is removed and the jawline is lifted. As such the jawline regains a natural looking, tight contour. The cuts are sutured. These sutures are removed after about 7 days.
Over 20 years of experience
It is important that the performance on every en-bloc facelift is high in order to safely achieve optimal results. Our plastic surgeons have more than 20 years of experience in the field and thus have treated a wide variety of faces and skin.
With an en-bloc facelift we lift and tighten the jawline such that the face regains some of its youthful appearance.
After the treatment the following practical matters apply:
- The face contains a lot of blood vessels. This means that after 1 to 2 days the neck can show edema (swelling) and discolourations (bruises). The swelling and bruises usually disappear within 1 to 2 weeks.
- Please avoid stooping during the first 2 weeks.
- No sports for the first 3 weeks.
- No sauna or steam baths for the first 2 weeks.
- The area of the sutures, around the ears, may be numb for some time. This recovers with time.
- The scars can be red for the first weeks after the treatment. The redness always disappears, but the duration before that happens differs per person.
With an en-bloc facelift we tighten and lift the jawline. Baggy cheeks and deep wrinkles from the nose to the mouth can also be significantly improved. The result is a youthful, less weary appearance.
Apart from the rejuvenating result the treatment itself should hardly be visible.
An en-bloc facelift costs € 10,000.-
The exact treatment is customized during the intake with the plastic surgeon. For a consultation with the plastic surgeon we charge € 75,-.